Enjoy a scenic sea-kayak tour past the cascading native bush including the Pohutukawa, NZ’s native Christmas tree. View classic kiwi holiday homes dotted amongst the cliffs and coves. Explore the quiet lake's edge with abundant birdlife before parting the bush to enter the glow worm cave.
Relax in the natural thermal hot pools as you reflect on the experience. Glide over the calm waters with NZ’s only scenic lake and glow worm cave kayak tour. Enjoy the myths and legends of the Maori people linked to Lake Rotoiti.
Not to be missed!
It was simply amazing - perfect weather, added to the breathtaking scenery and peacefulness while kayaking across the lake. The Glow worm cave and (especially) the thermal pools were extremely enjoyable activities. Highly recommend to everyone; I will be doing this again!
Jlweier, Brisbane – Australia
- Price includes water bottle + chocolate bar
- Manupirua Thermal Hot Pools admission
- All kayaking equipment, to cater for all weather types
- Drybags for cameras
Guests Will Require
- Swimwear & towel
- Sunscreen, Sunhat & sunglasses are recommended
- Cameras are optional (we take no responsibility for your cameras)
Booking and Departure
- Meet at the Okere Falls Store/Cafe located on SH 33. We will confirm the meeting time when we confirm your booking.
- 3.5 hour duration. Approx 2 hours kayaking/paddle time.
- Please Note: Transport is NOT included, however we can provide a pick up from Fenton Street I-site, Rotorua for an extra $30 per person. This option is available from our booking page.
- 24 hours booking notice essential.
- Minimum 2 clients.